Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Women's snowboard recommendations

7K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  BoardieK 
#1 ·
Hi there! Would greatly appreciate any recs - great info on this forum!

I’m an intermediate (to advanced) rider (5’9, ~160 lbs) and ride mostly groomers but like to carve through trees and take advantage of powder days. I am looking for an all mountain, hybrid profile, single quiver board that can do it all (except park!) - bomb down a mountain and still be able to turn on a dime. I am on the West Coast so I mostly hit the Tahoe resorts. I also want something that I can continue to progress with as I advance.

For some context, my first board was a Gnu B-Nice but grew out of it pretty quickly (felt extremely slow and unstable) and then tried a Burton Feelgood and didn't love the pure camber profile. I've borrowed a friends old Aura a few times which was night and day - I loved the feel of it, but it's since been discontinued.

So far I've narrowed my search down to a few, based on some preliminary research, but am open to recs.
  • Jones Dream Catcher
  • Never Summer Lady West / Photo Synthesis
  • Yes Hel Yes
  • Nitro Drop

Thank you in advance!

Best,
A

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks! Yeah I think I've crossed the PS off the list since doing some more research! It was recommended since I mostly ride resort but heard it wasn't as fun and surfy as the Lady West. I looked hard at the Jones Twin Sister - I know a lot of people really like that board but I figured based on the Dream Catcher might be a better fit based on my riding style and the fact that I dont do park. I don't know that much about the Equalizer (don't know anyone who has ridden it) but I'll definitely look into it!

#8 ·
Thanks! I've seen this one a lot. Looks like a great board - my boyfriend rides Niche but he's more interested in park. My hesitation here is that the magnatraction looked pretty aggressive, which is something I was unsure about because of the GNU B-nice. I also read that it has a pretty loose feel so was concerned that it wouldn't be super stable/more difficult to carve. Have you ridden this one?

#5 ·
Bataleons “storm” has gotten a lot of attention for the exact riding style you described, especially the profile you described you wanted

I saw this one on Angry Snowboarders Youtube channel as the best All Mountain Women's board this year. Very cool board and good reviews - my hesitation with it was it looked to be more camber / less of a hybrid board than the ones I mentioned. Awesome looking board though!

#15 ·
Dreamcatcher 148 for sale on this thread

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.