Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I new to snowboarding, but I want to learn more. I am buying my first snowboard and I have one I'm interested in. I have tried to look it up online and haven't found anything. The board is $90 plus the shipping is $80 which totals to $170. I want to know if it would be worth the buy I'm 5'8" 185lbs. The board is 158cm.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Do you know what model it is?
Also, shipping (assuming in the US) should be ~$40.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Only one photo? Is there a photo of the back side? Look at the mounts. Look at the condition of the "shovel". Are there deep scratches and what is the thickness of the "shovel".

·
Super Moderator
6,247 Posts
It's not a terrible deal, and with the shipping it's not a great deal. Assuming that the board and bindings are in good condition. If they're not, you've just bought an anchor. Buying used over the webz has its perils. I guess the question for you is, if the $170 ended up being a waste of money and you had to go out and look for bindings or a whole other setup, would you be okay or would you be dead in the water? What's your risk tolerance?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only one photo? Is there a photo of the back side? Look at the mounts. Look at the condition of the "shovel". Are there deep scratches and what is the thickness of the "shovel".
These were the pictures that were available to me. Sorry I should of added the rest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not a terrible deal, and with the shipping it's not a great deal. Assuming that the board and bindings are in good condition. If they're not, you've just bought an anchor. Buying used over the webz has its perils. I guess the question for you is, if the $170 ended up being a waste of money and you had to go out and look for bindings or a whole other setup, would you be okay or would you be dead in the water? What's your risk tolerance?
That's what I'm worried about. I don't want to spend that cash and be stuck with a bad board. $170 bucks is still quite a bit of cash. I know used can be tricky but I wanted a board I can feel good going down the hill and develop until I feel confident to buy a new board. Right now I coast down a hill I'm not going super fast. I posted more pictures of the board down below. Thank for the help.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looks like its got a nice core shot right in the middle and has had enough base grinds that the insert pack is about to come through the bottom. Hard to be sure with the low res pics though.

·
Registered
231 Posts
That's about 15 to 17 year old STIFF board. It is not good for learning. I would suggest looking for something a bit newer and not so stiff.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Don’t. For 50-100 $ more you should be able to get a 2-3 years old modern board with bindings in a good condition.
Agreed all of the online shops have killer deals going on right now after getting hit so hard by the corona. Check The House, EVO, or Moosjaw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts