Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, with you on that. Basically just a profitbrand with no special ties that I know of to snowboarding.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Morrow. Low quality. Cheap materials that are not durable. Generally just junk.

Agree on Head...but I will say that the one set of Head board and bindings my son owned felt pretty high quality and aside from standard topsheet damage from a 10 yr old boy, the base held up well and the bindings seemed well made. I’m sure it wasn’t high performance but didn’t need it to be.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Morrow. Low quality. Cheap materials that are not durable. Generally just junk.
Feel the same way about K2’s product in the last years, but I still like the brand

Ohh, and Kari Traa snowboards is one of the worst but in another categori. Norwegian Mogul skier that tried to milk every penny she could from her time in the spotlight by putting her name on just about everything. Don’t think it lasted a full year though.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Feel the same way about K2’s product in the last years, but I still like the brand

Ohh, and Kari Traa snowboards is one of the worst but in another categori. Norwegian Mogul skier that tried to milk every penny she could from her time in the spotlight by putting her name on just about everything. Don’t think it lasted a full year though.
Really? I've had 2 Party Platters, and they both seemed really solid to me.

For me, it's probably Endeavor, probably unfairly but hate it all the same.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I have a Marauder 158w split and a Freeloader 156 split, they both chip easily so I epoxy them way more than my other boards. The topsheet is supposed to shed snow but it just builds up. Then there is the straps on the far out. They are way to narrow (at least for my taste) and they just feel cheap. But that said, I like the way they ride. I like the brand and I have always been happy with my older boards from them.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
does anyone remember the supermarket brand "Black Snow" ?
Yeah! Mid 80's, this rich kid shows up to our tobogganing hill with his new Legend SE, I distinctly remember when he rode away not on the hard ass icy path made from where all the other people sledding go, but right along this river with waterfalls feature carving through the trees in untouched pow.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
As title say, what is the worst brand in your head and why?
In my head? Sims. Still to this day the worst board I ever rode was my brothers Sims from the late 90's, I mean it rode like a Legend SE which is not really suitable for any actual ski hills. Just no excuse from a company with such a pedigree.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Does anyone remember Movement snowboards from the 90's? I had one as my first board for years, cause it was the only one in the shop I could afford. Shitty boards, but great value for me as a teenager. Here`s a tribute FB page:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hey, up here in Canada in the late '80s, Black Snow were the first board for most of us by default.
Mine didn't even have metal edges so I wasn't allowed on the hill.
It was cheap but it was a gateway drug until a shop in town started carrying Sims...

Worst in my experience was Nidecker in the mid '90s. Their boards were super heavy and didn't ride well at all. My brother had a "trip".

Heavy piece of garbage with a crap sidecut [not my pic].

I understand that they now build for many good brands. Good for them. I still avoid them based on that though. I'm probably missing out but come on, compared to all the other brands back then, they were not worth feces...

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
The Black Snow "Edge" was what I learned on. It came with an instruction manual. I read it, watched and rewatched videos that I had recorded (VCR) of a snowboarding show that I can't for the life of me remember the name of, then headed out to the tobogganing hill. Once I could turn left and turn right I took it to the local ski hill. That was how it started.

Hey, up here in Canada in the late '80s, Black Snow were the first board for most of us by default.
Mine didn't even have metal edges so I wasn't allowed on the hill.
It was cheap but it was a gateway drug until a shop in town started carrying Sims...
That was exactly my progression. I went from the Black Snow Edge to a Sims Enduro after a few years.

Reactions: deagol

·
Registered
74 Posts
‘80’s GNU Antigravity, stiff as hell and with a foam core the bindings were always getting ripped out.

My buddy and I were just discussing the other day how when you buy a new board, you can tell within 5-10 turns whether it’s a match to your riding style or not. The most recent board/manufacturer I found out in the first 5-10 turns that it wasn’t match, was the Korua Tranny Finder I wanted so bad to like it but I couldn’t get past the extra width.

·
Registered
63 Posts

How can you hate Endeavor? I’ve had an Archetype for a couple years and just bought a scout and they’re so solid. I’ve owned and ridden never summer, Rome, K2, Forum and libs and Endeavor is my favorite -snappy but damp in chop and durable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How can you hate Endeavor? I’ve had an Archetype for a couple years and just bought a scout and they’re so solid. I’ve owned and ridden never summer, Rome, K2, Forum and libs and Endeavor is my favorite -snappy but damp in chop and durable.
It’s easy! We can all hate on one brand or another but in the bigger picture it doesn’t mather. It’s just personal taste, like the way i hate on burton for buying and killing Forum. Though i have to admit that Burton makes GREAT f’ing products and it’s crap that I will never get to ride B products again. It’s just me and my problems, we all got them ✌🏻

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The one board I bought from them had such a thin base my tech wouldn't grind it, and every time I hit anything it's a core shot.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts