Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Bataleon Riot and am kinda interested in the Boss 390's. I hear that the canted footbeds help reduce knee stress. Before I go a head and purchase the bindings, I wanted to know if having canted footbeds on a cambered board is a bad idea. Thoughts?

·
Registered
773 Posts
they do say the bosses are designed for a rockered board but that is more because of the v-rod tech than the canting. Canting may help in theory on a rocker board but would not hurt on camber.

Guys on the rome team like Bjorn Leines ride Targas on the cambered agent.

·
Registered
446 Posts
HEY!!!

im just thinking it is super wrong un matched colors, and if he wants the canting system, he should go with the targa's
Hey uninformed person... 360 Boss have the cant beds. And they are ghetto unmatched colors.

Get with the program dude. Also, "supposedly" the cant beds will flatten out the rocker a bit. Personally, I have only noticed my knees hurt less, everything else is bullshit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got a pair of straight 390s for my goliath and the guy at the shop threw in the canted beds at no charge. Maybe just ask for em?

·
Registered
167 Posts
yo im just wondering what is the v-rod base plate on the 390 boss. I read the thing on the website but didnt understand it. and what does it do

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Both the canting and the V-rod are equally good for rocker and camber boards. Canting is to put your legs back into alignment. V-rod is to reduce the contact area so the dead flex spot made by the bindings is reduced. Both are tech seen in alot of other bindings.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have a cambered board and I just ordered the Bosses. Someone from Rome directly told me they work just as well on either type of camber. Also I plan on going with a rocker board within the next year or two so these seemed to be a good choice for me.

listen to this guy, riding style and quality of binding are irrelevant.
I lol'd. Matan's posts in this thread are completely useless.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
you are not allowed to ride the bosses on a cambered board. you will be imprisoned for a period of no less than 3 years.

·
Registered
649 Posts
you are not allowed to ride the bosses on a cambered board. you will be imprisoned for a period of no less than 3 years.
crap crap crap....cancel order! cancel order!

·
Registered
446 Posts
yo im just wondering what is the v-rod base plate on the 390 boss. I read the thing on the website but didnt understand it. and what does it do
Well, its simple really if you look at the bindings.

Bindings are usually at an angle right? So they buil the base in a way that the pressure is distributed only on 2 points. On the front binding, its the right toe area and left heel area. So since the binding it set at an angle, "\" The pressure is distributed to the toeside and heelside are like "|".

If you take an "X" and raise the left toe are and right heel area, and add some gel type bumpers under that area, the board can flex there and you have a more direct and uniforn (front to back) pressure on the edges.

Does it help? I could NOT really feel a difference to other bindings. But my old 1996 Shaun Palmer board (crappy snow conditions on the home mountain, grass, roots, rocks, ROCKS, more rocks) is like a steel plank, there is basically no flex, so it might be different when I mount them on my banana. I'll report back.

Theroetically it should help for a more consistant board feel. But you gotta ride 15° and -15° to get the most of it. Which I do.

Stole a pic from the gear thread. Nice setup dude! Adjust those highbacks!

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
^^
Extremely helpful. I just got a pair of 390 Bosses but didn't really get what V-rod was about after looking it up on their website. Rome should put that picture up.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Thanks brother! Its just quick and dirty. Rome if you see this, just send me a free board and I'll make a nice photoshop... :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
:thumbsup: Thanks for explaining this better I understand it much better now. Rome should put this picture up on their site. The instructions that came with my targa's suggested 15/-9 deg for freeride but 15/-15 seems to make more sense.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts