Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for mid to upper end bindings. Needs to fit size 11+ boot, not really concerned with how new they are, just not over 4 years I guess. Let me know what you have, very open to try new bindings!

Thanks
-Michael

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a pair of large cartels from last season in blood orange. I only used them for about 10 days. I got the wrong size for my 10 boot. I just bought a pair of medium cartels to replace it. I really liked the binding, but had the wrong size. I am in the MW so shipping will be on you if you are interested. PM me if questions.

Link to Craigslist AD:
https://wausau.craigslist.org/spo/4792969590.html

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,438 Posts
I have a pair of large cartels from last season….

….I got the wrong size for my 10 boot. I just bought a pair of medium cartels to replace it. I really liked the binding, but had the wrong size….
I did the same thing with my '11 Cartels for my 10.5 boot and a Wide board. I had trouble with the ratchets bottoming out when I tightened them. When I got a pair of Mediums,..? The straps were a bit short and had to be adjusted off center to work properly.

Fortunately, I had two boards by this time and I kept the L Cartels, so I just switched the straps. I have L straps on the M bindings and M straps on my L Cartels! This configuration works PERFECTLY with my boot/binding combo. Both pair have the straps properly adjusted and centered per Burton's set up instructions. This has made both binders, fit my boots better, they're adjusted so they perform optimally, and the straps are now much more comfortable after tightened as well.

I'm just passing this along in case the deal falls thru or you end up keeping both sets of binders. This little trick might be a way to make them both work for you like it did for me! Just a thought :shrug:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I did the same thing with my '11 Cartels for my 10.5 boot and a Wide board. I had trouble with the ratchets bottoming out when I tightened them. When I got a pair of Mediums,..? The straps were a bit short and had to be adjusted off center to work properly.

Fortunately, I had two boards by this time and I kept the L Cartels, so I just switched the straps. I have L straps on the M bindings and M straps on my L Cartels! This configuration works PERFECTLY with my boot/binding combo. Both pair have the straps properly adjusted and centered per Burton's set up instructions. This has made both binders, fit my boots better, they're adjusted so they perform optimally, and the straps are now much more comfortable after tightened as well.

I'm just passing this along in case the deal falls thru or you end up keeping both sets of binders. This little trick might be a way to make them both work for you like it did for me! Just a thought :shrug:
This seems to be a consistent problem with size 10-11 ish being in the middle of M and L Cartels. I own Burton boots, so the straps fit fine, but there was a great deal of slop in the tray on my L cartels as well as difficulty centering boot on board. I have yet to try my boot in the M Cartels, so fingers crossed it works out! Otherwise I guess I'm buying L straps... ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am selling my Union Dlx bindings size L/XL lime green. They are the wrong size for my boots I used them about 10 times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts