Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to try out a larger sidecut for awhile now. Spring Break gave the slush slasher one that's 14+. Anyone have a large slushie hanging around collecting dust?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the 151 @ 210-220 pounds. I honestly spend more time on it than I thought I would when I bought it. It fits my riding style really well. I'm always carving around in between tree stashes.

My slush slasher has made me a much better carver. It's centered on the sidecut, and carving on it feels pretty good. The 14+ meter sidecut is dope. It's pretty soft flexing and easy to manipulate into smaller carves, but when you open it up into the big turns it doesn't feel chattery at all. I think trying to flex a board into a larger radius turn than it's sidecut supports can cause chatter. For a flat to rocker profile, you can get it to spring you out of carves pretty easily.

It's great in the trees too, with that short length, taper, swallowtail, and huge nose. It's very agile in low angle pow. It's perhaps my favorite tree board I've ever had. I like the smooth feel of leaning back into the surf rocker tail in some pow. Keeping the nose up keeps it agile.

For the cons, it does have an extruded base and is a little slower than a sintered board. That said, it's got the best extruded base I've ever seen. It holds wax well, doesn't oxidize whenever you look at it funny, is pretty dense, and is the fastest extruded base I've ever been on. Still, it's not sintered. It could be more damp for bombing, but it'll blast through crud pretty well with the wapow nose.

I've got other pow boards for when it dumps, but you could probably get away with a Slush Slasher if you had to. I personally like a little extra length the deeper the snow gets. My big dump board is a 166 Signal Tailgunner, which is also great in the trees for it's girth.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I def shoulda gotten on it! Still haven't ridden one.
I got the 143 (rode it twice) and I'm considering getting the 151. I feel the 143 is too small for my weight (180 lbs). You're welcome to try it if we're riding at the same mountain since we're both locals. I would like to try your Yup if you're down LOL.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I got the 143 (rode it twice) and I'm considering getting the 151. I feel the 143 is too small for my weight (180 lbs). You're welcome to try it if we're riding at the same mountain since we're both locals. I would like to try your Yup if you're down LOL.
I'm more than happy to swap and try boards but I doubt I'm going to want to ride the 143 much at all. The boards sound super soft and I'd overpower the snot out of that size since I'm at the weight limit too. I dunno, specs sound really suspect to me. Maybe turn initiation would be okay due to the flex and rocker but man that WW is huge for me lol.

But hey if youve ridden it a bit and survived to tell the tale then why not! 😂

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dude don’t be intimidated by the WW. That board is soft you could flex the crap out of it with ease. My boot size is 9.5 burton ruler and I have a lot of wide boards. My Rossi Sushi 145 wide has a waist width of 28 cm but the front insert is over 31 or 32 cm wide and that board is stiffer than SS and it rides like a dream in soft snow and on groomers. It also has a quick turn of initiation even with that waist & nose width.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I'm a size 8 boot though 😂😂😂. Korua stealth WW is 269. Not really going to ride something much wider than that unless the shape /flex lends itself to that like the slushie.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been getting addicted to extra width. It's a slippery slope lol. I'd bet the Slasher is way softer than your Stealth.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I got the 151 @ 210-220 pounds. I honestly spend more time on it than I thought I would when I bought it. It fits my riding style really well. I'm always carving around in between tree stashes.

My slush slasher has made me a much better carver. It's centered on the sidecut, and carving on it feels pretty good. The 14+ meter sidecut is dope. It's pretty soft flexing and easy to manipulate into smaller carves, but when you open it up into the big turns it doesn't feel chattery at all. I think trying to flex a board into a larger radius turn than it's sidecut supports can cause chatter. For a flat to rocker profile, you can get it to spring you out of carves pretty easily.

It's great in the trees too, with that short length, taper, swallowtail, and huge nose. It's very agile in low angle pow. It's perhaps my favorite tree board I've ever had. I like the smooth feel of leaning back into the surf rocker tail in some pow. Keeping the nose up keeps it agile.

For the cons, it does have an extruded base and is a little slower than a sintered board. That said, it's got the best extruded base I've ever seen. It holds wax well, doesn't oxidize whenever you look at it funny, is pretty dense, and is the fastest extruded base I've ever been on. Still, it's not sintered. It could be more damp for bombing, but it'll blast through crud pretty well with the wapow nose.

I've got other pow boards for when it dumps, but you could probably get away with a Slush Slasher if you had to. I personally like a little extra length the deeper the snow gets. My big dump board is a 166 Signal Tailgunner, which is also great in the trees for it's girth.
Maybe we should start a Slush Slashers club on the forum? haha.

I love my 151 as well. The 2020 and newer models have the “sintruded” base and I feel like is an upgrade from the previous models, based on looking at old Capita catalogs.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have ridden my SS on about 75% of my days this season, but have yet to ride it in actual slush. Plenty of powder and groomers though.

I got my SS brand new last season and then we got cut short. So maybe I will have the chance for slush this season.

Reactions: SushiLover

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have ridden my SS on about 75% of my days this season, but have yet to ride it in actual slush. Plenty of powder and groomers though.

I got my SS brand new last season and then we got cut short. So maybe I will have the chance for slush this season.
I haven't rode it in powder yet but it's a lot of fun on groomers and soft snow. Probably next year for powder since the season is pretty much over. I'm thinking of picking up the 151 since I feel the 143 is really soft and no tail.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts