Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I'm starting to move out of snowboarding (don't live near snow anymore, income is severely reduced, etc. etc.) and could use some extra dough, so here is some stuff I have lying around that I'd like to sell. My apologies for the poor pictures. I can take better ones on request. All prices are open to offers.

To start: 2013 Flow Solitude 164. I bought one last fall and rode it for about 8 days. However, after the first day I noticed some holes around the edges of the die-cut and contacted Flow. They promptly provided me with a replacement deck after I completed the trip. This new board hasn't even been taken out of the plastic bag Flow ships boards in. Will be shipped in the same box I got from Flow, etc. Literally NIB board.

Flow asks $364 from their site. I'd like to get $240+shipping. Again, this board is NIB, still in shrink wrap.

Pic1

Pic2

Second: 2012 Nitro Raiden Machines bindings Size Large. These are stiff freeride bindings. I love 'em. I had a slight issue with the coating and cushioning on the highbacks coming off, but Raiden provided me with a set of 2013 highbacks. I will include both sets. These have the Minidisk system and steel wire in the ratchet straps. They have seen a total of roughly 35 days on snow. Maybe less.

I'd like to get $150+ship for them.

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Pic4

Lastly I have a pair of 2012 Size 12 Burton Rulers. A good medium flex boot that I outgrew. In 7.5/10 condition. Have seen about 20 days on snow. No smells or anything weird like that.

I'd like to get $60+ship.

Thread on the Rulers here: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy-sell-snowboard-equipment/49442-wts-2012-burton-rulers.html

I would really like to sell all of this stuff, so please make an offer.

·
Registered
10,669 Posts
I hate to break the news to you, but you're way out of touch with what used gear is actually worth and it took me less than 10 seconds to find that board cheaper online.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I may very well be out of touch, as I haven't been on these boards in a long time. However, I don't see how out of touch I am. Google shopping didn't show anything cheaper than $364 for the board, which is literally 100% new. I did a little more digging just now and found it for $281+ship from Dogfunk. I will pricematch that, so $280+ship for the board.

As for the bindings, other 2012 Raidens (Zeros and Phantoms) have sold for $160-$170 as I remember, and given that these are a higher-tier binding, I figure that $180 isn't a bad price to ask for them.

For the boots: It's a $100 pair of boots. They've seen 20ish days on snow. And are discounted below 50% of what I paid for them. Is this unreasonable?

If you want what I have to sell but feel that my prices are unreasonable, just send me an offer. I'll do my best to work with you.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I hate to break the news to you, but you're way out of touch with what used gear is actually worth and it took me less than 10 seconds to find that board cheaper online.
My rule of thumb is that stuff that is brand new and out of season should be priced at 40% off list (or deeper discount) unless it's a really rare item. Lightly used items from the past season start at 50% off list.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I may very well be out of touch, as I haven't been on these boards in a long time. However, I don't see how out of touch I am. Google shopping didn't show anything cheaper than $364 for the board, which is literally 100% new. I did a little more digging just now and found it for $281+ship from Dogfunk. I will pricematch that, so $280+ship for the board.
You'll have to do better than that. Dogfunk has some of the best customer service/return policies around. I'd much rather buy from Dogfunk than a dude on the interweb, all else being equal.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
You'll have to do better than that. Dogfunk has some of the best customer service/return policies around. I'd much rather buy from Dogfunk than a dude on the interweb, all else being equal.
Indeed. I reckon the asking prices for the boots and bindings are about 50% more than they are worth. The board is a bit closer to a fair price, but also too high - even at $280 it is still more expensive than buying from a (r)etailer if the buyer has to pay shipping...

Similar for the boots:
For the boots: It's a $100 pair of boots. They've seen 20ish days on snow. And are discounted below 50% of what I paid for them. Is this unreasonable?
Yeah man, that is unreasonable considering that you can buy the newer model for $~130 or the identical model for $100 here (albeit in a different size) - both brand new.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indeed. I reckon the asking prices for the boots and bindings are about 50% more than they are worth. The board is a bit closer to a fair price, but also too high - even at $280 it is still more expensive than buying from a (r)etailer if the buyer has to pay shipping...

Similar for the boots:

Yeah man, that is unreasonable considering that you can buy the newer model for $~130 or the identical model for $100 here (albeit in a different size) - both brand new.

Oh wow, I was really out of touch. Thank you for the links and help. I will edit prices accordingly.

Much appreciation to everyone who chimed in on this thread.

·
Registered
10,669 Posts
I hesitated to shit on your thread as I recall you as a poster who has been around for awhile, but I knew you weren't gonna sell your stuff at these prices especially mid-summer.

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
For the prices you would get, keep them, and work on using them again, much more rewarding in my mind, i understand the need for cash, but sometimes the value you would receive against possibly having a weekend away every year far out weighs the price...

Just a thought...

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
For the prices you would get, keep them, and work on using them again, much more rewarding in my mind, i understand the need for cash, but sometimes the value you would receive against possibly having a weekend away every year far out weighs the price...

Just a thought...
Having read this thread, I think I'm gonna do just that with my boards.:thumbsup:
I have a couple I was going to sell in the fall, but if what I've read here is correct, I think I just keep them and use them eventually.

What do you guys think I would get for:
2013 Lib Tech TRice Pro Horsepower 157. Ridden less than 10 days. Excellent condition.

2013 GNU Space Case 157
Brand new, never used.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hesitated to shit on your thread as I recall you as a poster who has been around for awhile, but I knew you weren't gonna sell your stuff at these prices especially mid-summer.
No worries man, I appreciate you letting me know. I haven't been around the forums for a while, and was just spitballing on pricing. It was nice to have a reality check.

Just a thought...

A solid thought, however my feet have grown to the point that my boots have trouble fitting into the bindings, I outgrew the boots two years ago, and I have a Venture Storm lying around for if I ever get back out west. I know it'll be at least another 8 months until I get anywhere near snow, and in that time I'll be able to save up for another pair of boots and bindings. I just need a bit of cash right now for some other projects ('73 Gran Torino for one thing).

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Having read this thread, I think I'm gonna do just that with my boards.:thumbsup:
I have a couple I was going to sell in the fall, but if what I've read here is correct, I think I just keep them and use them eventually.

What do you guys think I would get for:
2013 Lib Tech TRice Pro Horsepower 157. Ridden less than 10 days. Excellent condition.

2013 GNU Space Case 157
Brand new, never used.
Not that much, by the time winter rolls around again, it'll be kind of old tech. Plus nobody really wants those Libs anymore:icon_scratch::unsure:

I'll give ya $2bills & you cover the shipping to Vancouver.:hope:

On a side note.
Why aren't you bringing more than one board with you, when you go?
I bring @ least 2 every time, usually 3. Ski-Key brand locks & racks work nice for rotating 3 decks throughout the day.
If your mtn has those, invest in one. Best system I've seen, all you carry is the key.

Unless the retards go & move them all around:thumbsdown::dizzy:

TT

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
Aauugghh!
I've been reduced to one of TT's Craigslist bargains!

Hey, that's quite the honour though, isn't it?

Actually, for a while I would take a couple of boards out for a day trip. But I found I wasn't using them both much, so I keep it to one now.
On charter trips I will take two boards to switch around during the trip. (I will take three if I don't go over the airline weight allowance.)

I guess I"ll just keep these and ride them when I want to change things up more.

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
We actually have it pretty good over here in Norway, i buy all my stuff in the UK, generally with 15% discount at the start of the season, and less the 20% dreaded VAT we have in the UK, but then i am not in the UK so don't pay that...

So the result is i pay probably only a little bit more than you do in the USA, and with hard goods being about twice the price in Norway i can ride for a year, and then sell without loss...

But i still don't sell as a rule, i aim to have a 4 board quiver, with one going every year, and replaced every year. Boots on the other hand do go, they get about 60 days and then hit the Ski Swap we have for resale, and again, normally go for more than i pay for them...

I am fortunate that even my stepson, who had his board for 2 years, is worth more than we paid for it, and that is crazy, so this year we will have 2 new boards for him, a 110cm Ride for the park, and either a K2 or Endeavour for the mountain, and will just go up 10cm on both boards next year when we replace...

I wish i could buy the stuff you guys sell over there but the shipping is way to much, but i could make a killing on decent 2nd hand gear if not for that...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Oh wow, I was really out of touch. Thank you for the links and help. I will edit prices accordingly.

Much appreciation to everyone who chimed in on this thread.
I think someone should buy your stuff on principle of you being a solid person based on your responses :thumbsup:

Good luck on the sale!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think someone should buy your stuff on principle of you being a solid person based on your responses :thumbsup:

Good luck on the sale!
Thanks for the kind words. If you know anyone looking for a solid all-mountain board, send 'em my way. :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts