Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I'd start another thread instead of clogging up the Horgmo thread.

Skier Big Air going on right now. Lots of non-inverted "double corks" (according to the announcers) going down. :laugh:

Some dude just landed a 1080 on one ski though. That shit was badass! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
1 ski land was baller and the 1620 was crazy. Speaking about skiing, I'm so glad the giant T and super saggin pants trend seems to be fading.

·
Registered
10,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Schlopy is taking it deep tonight too!"

Wow, shit just got real at the X-Games. Really living up to the X in their name. LOL

·
Registered
814 Posts
yeah that one footer was pretty dope.

I asked in a different thread but I'll ask here too since you guys are watching...
why is it the skiers can throw 1440's and 1620's? are we slacking in the snowboard scene right now?

Hope Kelly throws her 1080. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really respect the women riders, but man, watching that pipe run right there really shows the difference between the guys and the girls when it comes to pipe. Shaun White is going 20+ feet and these chicks are barely airing out of the pipe. I'd love to see a chick throw a 1080, but she's gonna have to get more than 6-7 feet of air to do it.

With that said, I'd love to be as good as the worst chick there. :laugh:

·
Registered
131 Posts
yeah that one footer was pretty dope.

I asked in a different thread but I'll ask here too since you guys are watching...
why is it the skiers can throw 1440's and 1620's? are we slacking in the snowboard scene right now?

Hope Kelly throws her 1080. :thumbsup:
I think it's due to skiers' legs being apart so they can put more torque on a spin. Instead of just spinning with their upper bodies and hips their legs give them a push too.

Go Ambuhl!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Skiiers have a better platform for starting a spin, are able to be more compact while spinning, and have a better platform for landing and stopping a fast spin.

·
Registered
10,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Clark is going big. She fell too.

That pipe is icy as all hell. You can see it shining under the lights. If it was as warm in Aspen as it was elsewhere in the state today, then I'm sure the conditions are pretty suck as everything refreezes.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Skiiers have a better platform for starting a spin, are able to be more compact while spinning
Yes. When they are actually spinning, they have their boots right next to each other, like a figure skater does. That yields faster twirling than having them two feet apart from each other.

·
Registered
10,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The X-Games rookies are showing well in the freestyle skiing events. A rookie took home gold in Big Air and silver in the pipe.

·
Registered
276 Posts
YESSSSSS!!!!!!!

That was pretty stellar. Who knows when the next snowboarding event is?
glad we could share the moment together! told you i was stalking you ;)

but for real, that was so awesome!!! i've seen her try that trick multiple times in person and it was so sick to see her land it! yay for the progression of women's snowboarding!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts