Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

·
The Rooster King
3,821 Posts
i think i'm man enough to admit on the internet that my dick and balls sucked up into my stomach as i scrolled down that picture..

holy..mother...of. fuck.

:eek:hmy::eek:hmy::eek:hmy:

i really have no words for how gnarly that is. jesus fucking christ! is there any one else even coming close to this level? this is on another dimension from what even Jermey Jones is doing..

i seriously worry for XDLR tho.... i mean... come on.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some of that stuff, like that scene near the end where he's 'sideslipping' at like 90 miles an hour...its not even snow, it just looks like windswept ice and rocks? mental...just to see a face like that and think, 'yes', is mental

makes me think of that big mountain rider from the 80's, if forget his name , Bruno? something..riding crazy tech lines with ropes and all, eventually it caught up with him...Xavier is incredible to see, but i actually hope he puts the brakes on before...something bad happens

·
Registered
361 Posts
First line I'm like that's an awesome face and I'd totally try it, then it just gets steeper and icier and rockier and then he unhooks and drops off that vertical ice face:dizzy:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Can't wait until I get home and watch this. Xavier is, by far, my favorite snowboarder to watch videos of. Guy is a completely different level and it makes me laugh when people compare him to Jeremy Jones.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think I could happily give up riding forever if I was given the ability to reproduce one of his lines & survive. I don't understand why all the kids these days want to be the next big thing in the park/pipe. I'd much rather be able to ride like Xavier.

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
I worry about his future in the world also. It is not sustainable without having a serious event happen to you. If you follow climbing, Alex hannold is another one of these guys I worry about in extreme sports.

I just don't get it. Even my son scares me. I don't understand walking up to a sheer/super steep 2000' face or a huge cliff and thinking about jumping off or riding(charging)down it. My wife gets physically sick watching it..... That isn't close to what XDLR is doing and it's hard to watch in person.

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
I think I could happily give up riding forever if I was given the ability to reproduce one of his lines & survive. I don't understand why all the kids these days want to be the next big thing in the park/pipe. I'd much rather be able to ride like Xavier.

You would be suprised, a lot of amazing park/slope riders are horrible in powder.
Even worse in really steep terrain with variations in your run plus powder.... Some are downright scared. :dunno:

·
Registered
361 Posts
You would be suprised, a lot of amazing park/slope riders are horrible in powder.
Even worse in really steep terrain with variations in your run plus powder.... Some are downright scared. :dunno:
I would much rather challenge myself on icy steeps and questionable terrain than go for that extra spin in the park, last time I was in the mountains I made one run through the park and only hit a few kicker awhile the majority of my time was hiking up past where the lifts don't take you and doing some steeps.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Made me think about Mark McMorris in SuperNatural, haha

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
I disagree. I see stuff all the time that is too technical for me to ride, and I still think it looks fun. Climbing down those rocks while strapped in with no rope did NOT look fun. The go pro throws it off too, cause you really can't tell how steep it is.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Even with the gopro view you can be sure its steep as hell if he has to climb down ;) plus you can see how steep it is in some parts from the heli cam.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah, second that. I mean it takes skills either way but stuff like this, freeriding in the darkest of backcountry where no one's ridden before; gangster qualities.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts