Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
They need to get better commentators. I forget which two ex-pros were commentating the men's slopestyle but they sounded like two high schoolers watching their friends ride.

"Whoaaa! So sick, that was so clean...see him right there? He just tucked his head to his shoulder and BAM....stomped it! Did you see it? Did you? I remember when I used to compete..."

:dizzy:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Would have really liked to see him beat Shaun though.
louie is such badass, and chill dude...but this run would not have beat shawn's stock run, the one he has won everything with the last 5 years

the one who will def beat shawn eventually is Ayamu....eventually...at 14 the kid eh, has potential (understatement)

2nd at the US Open, this was imo the run of the contest...

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What is the difference between X-games aspen and x-games tignes? Do they just repeat the same events with the same riders?
yep

imo this waters down the value of an X gold...i mean, like an olympics every month would just not have the same.... prestige

and thats not all!..there are 2 more Xgames this year...summer ones though, brazil and...somewhere else, see i cant even remember

·
Registered
133 Posts
louie is such badass, and chill dude...but this run would not have beat shawn's stock run, the one he has won everything with the last 5 years

the one who will def beat shawn eventually is Ayamu....eventually...at 14 the kid eh, has potential (understatement)

2nd at the US Open, this was imo the run of the contest...
That 14 y/o is so bad ass...awesome style too. I cant wait until he (or someone) pushes Mr White out of the limelight. Just hope they (espn/media/etc) dont turn the next prodigy into another tomato!

I think Keir and Kevin do a decent job...better than Sal for sure. Its good to finally have snowboarders calling the runs now. All they need is to get Todd Richards back in there and that will fill in all the commentating gaps.

·
Super Troll
123 Posts
I met that guy in Fall 2009 I think when he was riding for Mt High when he wasn't that big. At that time, he was gonna on Dancing with the Stars and that was about it in his high points as a pro snowboarder. But out of all the other pros that were there for the meet and greet event, he was the one guy I talked to the most and had a good conversation just being guys that enjoyed snowboarding.

I saw him 6 months later after he placed 5th in Vancouver Olympics when he came back for another event and I got a video with him doing some pond skimming. It's somewhere out there on Vimeo.

But I am so glad I got to meet this guy. I am surprised I got to chat with someone who is now one of the top snowboarders out there. Even Red Bull chose him to be the guy to take Shaun White's place when he departed. In only like 3 years he has gotten much more recognition in the sport. And he's very humble for how good he is and he'll talk to whomever enjoys snowboarding, even if they're not competition worthy. So any of those arrogant people who think they're the shit because they ride with the crew when they're not sponsored or winning competitions can suck it because I have already met a snowboarder who is better than 99% of the other riders I'll ever meet.

I follow him on facebook and I saw him with his gold medal. From his previous posts, that guy really wanted to win gold and was never satisfied if he lost. Which is probably why he finally has a gold. He even responded to me a few times through PM which I didn't expect from a high profile boarder.

Kind of more special to me that Louie Vito won gold because I met him and got autographs from him.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The chick that is hosting is super hot, but when she opens her mouth and that accent comes out its very hard to not hit the mute button. I keep waiting for her to try and sell me a vacuum cleaner or say "throw another shrimp on the barbie mate".

1 - 20 of 25 Posts