Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Extra large human looking for good gear. (6’5” #270 sz 13) and I like to carve hard and ride fast. Not a park guy, but like the woods and pow when I can stay up on it. looking at Burton custom wide, Arbor A Frame (and another very similar) and the Never Summer West Bound X. Any suggestions/recommendations either way? Thank you!

·
Registered
44 Posts
A volume-shift board: such as Lib Tech Stump Ape or Ride Super Pig?

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Wow, tough one. "Carve hard and ride fast" and "Ride well through trees" are almost mutually exclusive requirements at your weight and boot size. A-Frame and Westbound could certainly work for you. Deep Thinker in 163W would probably be better than a similarly-sized Custom.

A volume shifted board big enough to float you well would be great, so the K2 Cool Bean 150m, Party Platter 157, Ride Warpig 158 or MtnPig 164W maybe. But you're sacrificing carving ability on a shorter board. Skunk Ape would fit you but as far as carving goes there are better boards.

Others to look at are:
Rome National 162w/167w
Salomon Super 8 166
Yes Optimistic 161

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Extra large human looking for good gear. (6’5” #270 sz 13) and I like to carve hard and ride fast. Not a park guy, but like the woods and pow when I can stay up on it. looking at Burton custom wide, Arbor A Frame (and another very similar) and the Never Summer West Bound X. Any suggestions/recommendations either way? Thank you!
Hi Alpha,

Is 13 your boot size or shoe size?

Please measure your feet using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters). For width please place the inside (medial side) of your foot against a wall. Please then measure from the wall out to the widest point on the lateral (outside) of your foot.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Definitely confirm you really need 13s. That's what size street shoe I wear, and thanks to wired I'm now rocking 11W snowboard boots and the change is amazing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts