Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a season pass to Snowbird this year, so I figure it time I upgraded my all mountain deck (currently a capita stairmaster 156), and after alot of research and talking to people, it sounds like the Big City is my best bet. It will also be servicing as my pow deck this year, until I can afford to buy a pow specific one end of season or next year. I have ridden 158's in the past, and although only 2 cm shorter, I def prefer a 156, however, considering the terrain I'm going to be riding, I'm having a hard time deciding. I was hoping ya'll could offer your opinions. 5'8" 185lbs.

Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! My friend has an optimistic 156, and was urging me to get a 156, but he's about 25lbs lighter than me, so wasn't sure.

Hopefully will be picking it up next paycheck!

·
Registered
891 Posts
How are you planning to ride it? I use my Optmisitc for backcountry, powder, bombing morning groomers, and drops.

Thats why I grabbed the 159. If your more of an all mountain guy, trees, groomers, and jumps in the park, the shorter board might be better.

Either way it's a great board. Could do either.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, while mainly planning on hitting slackcountry, pow, drops, and bombing some groomers, I do love tree runs. Especially on a pow day.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Im 6' 180 pounds and I love the Big City 156. Of course I only ride it when there's fresh. But it tears it up on the steeps, it has just enough beef to handle anything steep or bumped out without feeling stiff because of the camrock. I wouldn't want anything longer. The maneuverability is a big part of its personality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts