Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Yes Standard UNINC vs Capita Mega Mercury

10K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  TheHolyMountain 
#1 ·
Debating on adding the Standard UNINC to my "demo program" this winter. I already have a Capita Mega Mercury. I realize there is obvious overlap. Anyone know if one excels over the other as an all mountain free ride-ish twin.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Took the Standard UNINC out today in early season conditions, a few nice powder runs, nice groomers and tracked out runs. First off, I am not one to boost huge jumps or Ollies, tend to like to cruise, trees, etc. However, this thing just jumps. I can just lift the nose slightly and suddenly I am in the air. Sticks landings easily as well. While getting loose in the powder I hit a few lips as if I new what I was doing, fully expecting a tomahawk to follow - nope, just grabbed in and kept rolling. To the note of the powder, the first run was reference setting and it did so well. Next run was a little tracked out but still fluffy, set it back all the way....it road like a much bigger board. Bombed some iced over groomers and only once thought, "I am going to grab and edge and knock my teeth out". Overall great board. Keeper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.