Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Best Board for All-Mountain/jumps

• Yes Standard

• Never Summer Proto Slinger

Yes Standard vs Never Summer Proto Slinger

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Nolefan2011 
#1 ·
Looking for community feedback here...

I’m an intermediate-level rider progressing on jumps and side hits. I am looking for the perfect All-Mountain board that can explode off the jumps along the way. Michigan resorts are usually icy groomers and/or uneven terrain.

Which of these two boards should I invest in?

*The Never Summer seems to generate more buzz, but I’m wondering if that’s because YES is a lesser known brand? But the reviews are insane for bith

#4 ·
Never Summer's are damppp. Heard many good things about the Proto, thinking about going with the Proto synthesis for my next all mountain board. Currently on a 2015 Cobra and it rips everything. Proto Slinger is going to be more park oriented, one of my buddies used to rip the Funslinger on just about anything, park / powder days.

I've never ridden a Yes, heard good things though. I think they are produced by Nidecker, i've had a few of there other boards (Nidecker that is) in the past (Rome / Slash) and enjoyed them. Either way, will likely be a solid choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.