Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

I plan to buy the Yes the Greats, but Im hesitating about the ideal size 156 vs 159. I heard it is also a bit kinda like volume shifted board.. so its better to downsize 2-3cm than the normal.

I ride generally on a 157-158W board (with 28,5cm boot size) Based on that I should go for the 156, but my weight is a little bit above the specs chart. Im actually 205lbs, but my weight is fairly moving up and down normally between 190-200lbs. What do you think should I go for the 159? Im just a little bit worry, I dont like to have a slow edge-flat-edge feeling. More smooth egde to edge, but also dont want an undersized board either because maybe I too heavy to the 156 :)

what is your opinion?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're totally fine on either. If you want more nimble then go 156, if you want stability and speed go 159. I'm 200lbs and I'd be on the 156 for all mountain.
thanks, but as I see it wouldnt be a huge difference?

·
Registered
232 Posts
thanks, but as I see it wouldnt be a huge difference?
Huge, probably not. But you gotta pick the tool for the use and if you have options between two sizes then that's what it comes down to. What is the intended use? You can answer that question.... or just buy whatevers cheaper and live with the tradeoffs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Huge, probably not. But you gotta pick the tool for the use and if you have options between two sizes then that's what it comes down to. What is the intended use? You can answer that question.... or just buy whatevers cheaper and live with the tradeoffs.
its kinda mixed bag, but mainly focused with this deck for the park, groomers, secondly carving, some light freeriding
But in the near future I plan to buy a dedicated board for bigger speed carving, freeride (korua pencil 164 or Dart). So thats why I think the 156 could be fine for the greats as you said its not a problemetic undersizing even for my a littlebit 200+ lbs weight.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It will feel pretty soft at that weight I think. Depends what you want.
156 for a more playful jibby fast carving board.
159 for hitting bigger features, more stable at speed, bit slower turning.
I prefer the 159 at 180lbs but that's just for my style of riding and the 156 is awesome also.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I’ve had 154 (profile pic), got 156 now. 185-190 lbs 10 US. The 156 is the perfect all mountain freestyle size for you. Especially if you are planning to get a stiffer powder stick later on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Guys all the suggestions and help! I ordered the 156 finally... :) I cant wait to ride with it on the weekend

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hell
Thank you Guys all the suggestions and help! I ordered the 156 finally... :) I cant wait to ride with it on the weekend

Hell yeah bro, I bought the same this year, threw a pair of union atlas bindings on. Seriously can’t wait to try it out. Enjoy man 👊🏼

1 - 11 of 11 Posts