Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my first post on here, and am hoping those more knowledgeable can help me out. Here's a little about me. I'm 37 years old (yes, I'm getting old!) and had major back surgery just shy of 5 years ago, and subsequently haven't ridden since. The injury, along with the fact that I've been in Southern California for the last 4+ years meant no snowboarding (but did surf a ton!)

I'm back in Colorado now, and am going to start riding again. I'd call myself a competent intermediate. I used to charge much harder and ride a very stiff Palmer with stiff boots and bindings but not looking to do that anymore. I am not really a fan of the park, but have been known from time to time to hit a rail or a box, but nothing crazy. Not a speed demon, and just like making nice turns, enjoy everything from groomers to powder to trees, and just like enjoying myself. I used to charge much harder and ride a very stiff Palmer with stiff boots and bindings but not looking to do that anymore.

I'm 6'2, 188lbs wear a size 11 boot. Considering a Never Summer SL in a 161, just not sure if that's long enough for my weight. Any info and advice would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance for taking the time to reply!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
So this is my first post on here, and am hoping those more knowledgeable can help me out. Here's a little about me. I'm 37 years old (yes, I'm getting old!) and had major back surgery just shy of 5 years ago, and subsequently haven't ridden since. The injury, along with the fact that I've been in Southern California for the last 4+ years meant no snowboarding (but did surf a ton!)

I'm back in Colorado now, and am going to start riding again. I'd call myself a competent intermediate. I used to charge much harder and ride a very stiff Palmer with stiff boots and bindings but not looking to do that anymore. I am not really a fan of the park, but have been known from time to time to hit a rail or a box, but nothing crazy. Not a speed demon, and just like making nice turns, enjoy everything from groomers to powder to trees, and just like enjoying myself. I used to charge much harder and ride a very stiff Palmer with stiff boots and bindings but not looking to do that anymore.

I'm 6'2, 188lbs wear a size 11 boot. Considering a Never Summer SL in a 161, just not sure if that's long enough for my weight. Any info and advice would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance for taking the time to reply!

Lets start this out by saying 37 is a pup. Us older guys have many years of good times ahead.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts