Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an offer to get a Burton board pro form, and I haven't owned or even considered owning a one in years. I ride Mt. bachelor and love surfing all the natural hits, shredding pow and even when there's no fresh snow I'll still seek out the natural hips and jumps. I guess all mountain freestyle would be what I am looking for. Any suggestions or opinions on personal experiences with boards that might come close to fitting that profile of riding? Juice wagon was one I was drawn towards. Cheers.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Baracuda is what our rep is pushing super hard right now as a great resort searching for powder cruising board. The Sherlock is also a good match. Or possibly the Trick Pony.

If you spin and ride switch a lot probably the Sherlock or TP depending on the camber style you like. If you're only riding switch like 15% of the time something like the Juice Wagon or Cuda will make the most of your riding. Again from there its all about the camber styles you like.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Baracuda is what our rep is pushing super hard right now as a great resort searching for powder cruising board. The Sherlock is also a good match. Or possibly the Trick Pony.

If you spin and ride switch a lot probably the Sherlock or TP depending on the camber style you like. If you're only riding switch like 15% of the time something like the Juice Wagon or Cuda will make the most of your riding. Again from there its all about the camber styles you like.
Don't ride much switch, I started working on it more last season, but with 20 years of surfing daily I am pretty much a regular stance rider. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
On the right days, I ride a Barracuda and find it to be heavily weighted towards the powder end of the riding spectrum. It is an extremely competent powder performer, virtually unsinkable, that serves up a loose, surfy ride that is great fun and will put a huge smile on your face. :)

With the taper and huge setback and S rocker, it is not the happiest ride on tracked out and groomers. One needs to ride "front foot heavy" for it to lay down a line, but I really regard it as a "niche" deck.

It is the only Burton I own, so cannot compare to other decks in the Burton lineup. Others here will chirp in, but I am sure there are others more 'well rounded' in the Burton quiver.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I currently have a sick stick as my pow board and love it immensely. I wanted something park-ish for natural obstacles. Playful, spin friendly, poppy....prob camber or hybrid camber.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts