Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, what is your favorite feeling in snowboarding?

To kick things off, I'll give my two favorite feelings:

1. Riding a long and steep powder field on a bluebird day.

2. Getting hang time off a kicker (that moment when you're holding onto your board and time seems to stop as you feel like you're flying) and stomping the landing (especially on blindside spins).

·
Registered
500 Posts
exiting through the gates into some sick backcountry that has completely untouched bowls of powder. Hiking somewhere then standing on top of this line and looking down and just thinking about how the next 5 mins might be the best minutes of your entire existence on this earth. Then of course, floating through the deep untouched champagne powder and carving buttery soul turns with light powder flying up over your head.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Well I don't know what pow feels like...

But the best feeling is stomping a trick clean, especially one that I've never done before and have been working hard to learn.

·
Registered
80 Posts
the Best feeling is when you are cruising down a trail listening to the sound of the snow under your board. And everything else sorta fades away its just you your board and the snow. Its just a blissful peaceful feeling.

·
Super Moderator
6,339 Posts
Can't disagree with anything that anyone has posted here, but for me it's the first time you get a new trick or technique dead-on right.

·
Registered
108 Posts
coming out of a glade off a 3 or 4 foot drop back onto the groomers and cruising away.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Riding deep fresh pow, during a blizzard, hitting a cornice and not being able to tell when the landing transition from air to snow occurs. It just seamlessly blends together.

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
All these feeling make me feel warm and fuzzy, but to narrow it down for me it's the feeling of a high g front side turn in deep pow.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The best feeling is when I finally get something. Like, I'm still basically a beginner, and last week I was doing pretty bad. At my last 30 minutes I improved so much more than I had the whole day, and when I managed to get down the green hill without falling and without staying on one edge the whole time, I was shocked that I finally got it. It made me want to go again. And again. And again. It's just amazing when you GET it after you've tried for so long and failed.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts