Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to slooooowly turning to late summer and the winter still being far on the horizon (on the northern hemisphere) I sit and dream about winter and snow. There are many good deals out there but I have too many boards to start the season with. I'll most likely succumb and buy a new board later into the season...

The other day I got to thinking about which board I would like to have if I could only have just one board. Or maybe if I could only travel with one board and I could either just keep one or if I could buy any board out there.

So I'm curious about what board people would pick for their quiver of one. Of the boards I own it would be a toss up between the Tracer and the Pencil plus. Maybe the Tracer since it's more accessible on piste, but the Pencil is a lot of fun...

If I bought a new board I think my quiver of one would be a Stranda Bowlrider. Even if I haven't even tried it. I've tried the Tree Surfer and it's a super nice board with lots of grip for nice carves but a very nice powder shape. There was no problem dealing with bad resort snow and if I didn't already have a powder board I would probably have bought it last season. The Bowlrider is pretty much the same board but with a full tail.

What would be your dream quiver of one?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to say the Ride Superpig purely because I was meant to buy it to update my quiver of one for this season, but it didn't end up coming into NZ in my size... That's right people, NZ is such a small market that we don't even get the full size range :LOL: Bring on the 2022 Superpig!

That's a nice looking board.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've not owned a huge amount of boards, but out of the ones I have I'd choose the Yes Standard.

Does park, does all mountain, does powder.

Oh shite, why did I just sell it!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've not owned a huge amount of boards, but out of the ones I have I'd choose the Yes Standard.

Does park, does all mountain, does powder.

Oh shite, why did I just sell it!
Because you exchanged it for three other boards??

·
Registered
100 Posts
Because I really don't ride park, a board that I have now checks all the boxes. Nidecker Ultralight. Does everything I need. I have the 158cm so its nimble, fast, excellent in powder and all mountain riding. Even rides switch ok if centered.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because I really don't ride park, a board that I have now checks all the boxes. Nidecker Ultralight. Does everything I need. I have the 158cm so its nimble, fast, excellent in powder and all mountain riding. Even rides switch ok if centered.
Nidecker for the win!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have to say the Ride Superpig purely because I was meant to buy it to update my quiver of one for this season, but it didn't end up coming into NZ in my size... That's right people, NZ is such a small market that we don't even get the full size range :LOL: Bring on the 2022 Superpig!

Out of the boards I've ridden, and the style/terrain I ride, the Super would be my pick as well.

·
Registered
655 Posts
A lot of love for the Ride Superpig. For those who have ridden it what makes it your quiver-of-1 pick? I'm interested in trying a short fatty.... snowboard, that is.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I have to be realistic about it, not just go by my favorite allround board, it would be a 170ish cambered board, because that would still float no matter how deep it is. I can do without rocker.
Like a Cheater 170 or a Speedway 170?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Those would work I guess, but based on the ones I have it's a full camber old burton, not that it needs to be full camber. Long enough, but not too wide.

What I should say is, dream quiver of one would be a nightmare to me.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,413 Posts
Or maybe if I could only travel with one board and I could either just keep one
The travel quiver of one is the Never Summer Lady WEST for me. Rips groomers if wanted, awesome in deep pow and steeps if lucky, fun to mock around if nothing else to do.

Edit: it's Lady West. Not Lady Lion. Thanks @Rip154 for pointing out. Lol. I have too many boards 🙃. @Anais: I meant Lady West from NS. Lady Lion is from Radical. A great board, too, but you will hardly find one.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The travel quiver of one is the Never Summer Lady Lion for me. Rips groomers if wanted, awesome in deep pow and steeps if lucky, fun to mock around if nothing else to do.
Those are good quiver of one qualities. I'd be fine riding my Signal Tailgunner all the time. I think the s-camber is pretty versatile. It could use an aggressive spring structure for the slush, cause all that surface area can feel like velcro in hot snow.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Warpig, because that's all i have:D.well i do have my Chamonix Chemin for powday and my splitboard Charlie slasher soooo....yup that's it(y)

Reactions: Snowdaddy
1 - 20 of 54 Posts