Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
The travel quiver of one is the Never Summer Lady Lion for me. Rips groomers if wanted, awesome in deep pow and steeps if lucky, fun to mock around if nothing else to do.
hmmm, interesting, adding this to my list.
Still looking for a perfect/great daily driver (replacement), I was thinking of Yes Hel Yes, or new Flagship (heard it dialed down torsional flex, so more versatile and playful). But now, probably should check out this one...

·
The Swiss Miss
7,417 Posts
Hey, that's cheating!
Which part?

Edit: oh, shoot! Now I saw it, lol. You got good eyes 👌.
NS Lady WEST it is.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Never Summer West Bound for me. I still have an NS 25, rarely ride, but hanging on to it. Sold a ST, Funslinger, and PT2. West Bound kills it in all conditions (I don't ride park) and is a blast to ride!

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's an upper version of war pig, but war pig has a really sick base. If you do jumps, you'd be noticed miles away with that base. 😉
View attachment 154433
Call me crazy but that base itself already makes me want to but that board and the positive reviews just make it worse. The way it reflects on the snow looks great on the videos. Hmm... or maybe I should just try and ride my Burton Process that I got a few months ago on the spring sale. :rolleyes: Aaah winter is still too far in Europe.

·
Registered
9,254 Posts
This list changes with my mood honestly, but right now if I got blackballed from the industry my money would go towards one of these:
Niche Story, Aether, or Nightshade, Arbor Coda Rocker, Rome Party Mod, Gnu Hyper Kyarve, Lib Dynamo, Signal Yup, or a K2 Instrument.

The new Rome D.O.D.s on em all.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I doubt there is a one quiver board out there that will meet all aspects of snowboarding terrain, rider style and conditions. If there was it would undoubtedly be the biggest seller in the market.

So with a one quiver board you'll generally want a ride that covers the primary needs of your preferred riding style ie primary park, freestyle, all mountain, freeride, split or powder. If you generally ride conditions that are always groomed and are a hard charger then a stiffer all mountain board will be the go for your one quiver choice. Owning just a park/freestyle board and riding Japan is doable but you're not going to find it really that enjoyable.

However most riders who have addictively embraced snowboarding (ie SBF regulars) will have access to a multitude of different boards to suit the variety of conditions that will occur. A one board quiver is generally going to be assigned to riders first starting out.

Well for me, a one board quiver choice is going to be a stiffer, slightly directional, full cambered, all mountain ride. This is where I would get my most value for money in the way I ride and covering the conditions I will predomently encounter in Australia. It's not going to be superb in the park or bring me ecstastic joy in the powder but will put a big smile on my face during most of the conditions I'm likely to ride.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Call me crazy but that base itself already makes me want to but that board and the positive reviews just make it worse. The way it reflects on the snow looks great on the videos. Hmm... or maybe I should just try and ride my Burton Process that I got a few months ago on the spring sale. :rolleyes: Aaah winter is still too far in Europe.
🙄well, you're not alone... else as a woman I won't be knowing it or having that photo of it... saw it once at resort (someone else's), can't stop staring..., on my wishlist too, really want it, but have a few others higher up on the list... sigh~~~

·
Registered
209 Posts
@Anais: I meant Lady West from NS. Lady Lion is from Radical. A great board, too, but you will hardly find one.
hmmm~~~ in that case, I think I've already got it on my list from your last recommendation. 😄 but yeah... haven't seen one around thus far... will keep on looking.

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
If such a horrible world existed where I HAD to have only one board, I'd probably also go with the Endeavor Archetype. I must have put over 100 days on mine before I sold it and never felt like I was on the wrong board, only sold it because of too much overlap and wanting to try other boards.

Aiming to decrease the quiver this season, have just ordered a Salomon Dancehaul to hopefully help me sell 2 others... We'll see how that all works out. I wouldn't be surprised if an Archetype makes its way back in, but that means giving up my Squash which I really don't want to do!

Reactions: Craig64

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm down to a 1 board quiver, but it's a board I designed and built my self through powderjet's build your own board class. Basic all mountain, full camber, moderate side cut east coast carvy board but I put on a longish nose with big rocker like I've seen on skis. The nose only sees the snow if it's powder, in which case it gives a lot of float. Looks huge, but only has the running length of a 163 which is good for me at 100 kg.

Commercial boards I'd go with arbor element rocker or arbor westmark, both of which I've owned. Good solid all around boards that do the majority of conditions very well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
This list changes with my mood honestly, but right now if I got blackballed from the industry my money would go towards one of these:
Niche Story, Aether, or Nightshade, Arbor Coda Rocker, Rome Party Mod, Gnu Hyper Kyarve, Lib Dynamo, Signal Yup, or a K2 Instrument.

The new Rome D.O.D.s on em all.
How does the Gnu Hyper Kyarve compare to the Nidecker Area? Both obviously directional - already got an Area, is the Hyper Kyarve too close in how it rides and stiffness etc?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would have to go Warpig also. Possibly the Superpig but I haven't ridden it so I can't say for sure. I can say that I demo'd a Warpig at the end of the 18/19 season, bought one 2 weeks later, then rode it almost exclusively (about 90%) for the 19/20 season. Well what we had of it anyway. I only got out about 25 times this year but I think I would have kept grabbing it on my way out the door. The Super would probably be better on those hard pack days but the Warpig handled just fine.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Another pig lover! :D
Love my Warpig too. It does it all carving my midwest icy groomers, riding knee deep powder, and even laps through park. This board is awesome in the trees being so short. It ended up being the only board I rode last year.

Reactions: Snowdaddy

·
Registered
9,254 Posts
How does the Gnu Hyper Kyarve compare to the Nidecker Area? Both obviously directional - already got an Area, is the Hyper Kyarve too close in how it rides and stiffness etc?
Completely different boards. The Area is on the performance end of the spectrum, the Hyper Kyarve is on the party end. I would definitely own both.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts