Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
This list changes with my mood honestly, but right now if I got blackballed from the industry my money would go towards one of these:
Niche Story, Aether, or Nightshade, Arbor Coda Rocker, Rome Party Mod, Gnu Hyper Kyarve, Lib Dynamo, Signal Yup, or a K2 Instrument.

The new Rome D.O.D.s on em all.
You gonna do a review of the DoD's or Cleavers? Dying to know about these as I might need to replace my Targas sometime next season.

·
Registered
12,540 Posts
How does the Gnu Hyper Kyarve compare to the Nidecker Area? Both obviously directional - already got an Area, is the Hyper Kyarve too close in how it rides and stiffness etc?
Hyper Kyarve is more damp, less aggressive, and doesn't push through stuff the same way the Area. Realistically same category and comparable in style but in terms of ride I'd go with Area for more harder charging with rebound and snap and Kyper Kyarve for more playful carving and keeping up with the kids or slow friends.
The Supernaut is close in specs with the Superpig large. Anyone ridden both?
Yes. Two different boards in terms of how they ride.
You gonna do a review of the DoD's or Cleavers? Dying to know about these as I might need to replace my Targas sometime next season.
If fingers crossed we get to a somewhat normal season I will be riding both of those for review, right now they're just sitting on the Alter of Snowboarding waiting.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
While I’m tempted to say my Quiver of 1 would be my Sims Id probably say my SPAM as the Sims is unwieldy in trees.
I can't relate to the current Sims boards. They have some convincing to do before it's a "real" brand again. Don't have anything against Sims, but don't see what they have to offer either, while sharing shapes with random generic brands.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I can't relate to the current Sims boards. They have some convincing to do before it's a "real" brand again. Don't have anything against Sims, but don't see what they have to offer either, while sharing shapes with random generic brands.
yea I’m glad I got the TS Pro while it could. I have no idea what’s up with this new stuff. It’s not for me though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hyper Kyarve is more damp, less aggressive, and doesn't push through stuff the same way the Area. Realistically same category and comparable in style but in terms of ride I'd go with Area for more harder charging with rebound and snap and Kyper Kyarve for more playful carving and keeping up with the kids or slow friends.
Sounds like the Hyper Kyarve has more of a party board vibe, would a K2 Party Platter be better for that?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Furberg freeride. The one true board that elevates riding for speed and steeps. I will say it lacks pop and while its not dull at slow speeds, it's no pliable butter pad which I know some people like. For my riding style of high speed, stability, and cliffs - it does it all but still gives me the freestyle flexibility of simple grabs and 3's. I've ridden other freeride boards and I don't think any compare to the furberg for stability at speed through variable conditions.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Furberg freeride. The one true board that elevates riding for speed and steeps. I will say it lacks pop and while its not dull at slow speeds, it's no pliable butter pad which I know some people like. For my riding style of high speed, stability, and cliffs - it does it all but still gives me the freestyle flexibility of simple grabs and 3's. I've ridden other freeride boards and I don't think any compare to the furberg for stability at speed through variable conditions.
But never downsize on one of those, doesn't work, and isn't needed either.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Warpig 54 for me at the moment. Currently ride it still the most of my boards.
Deep in Japan or spring laps in the park, all good.
I never feel like it's 100% the best board ever but I always have a good time on it.
Keen to try a superpig as I prefer camber to flat profile.
I feel like the yes standard could be an epic 1 board quiver but Id want to try a smaller size than I have demoed.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Have you spent a lot of time on the Sims board?
I spent the first half of last season on a new to me 2017 Sims Pro but noticed the camber profile/core was all warped and fucked up. Knowing this would be the last year for Sims I ordered a brand new one but only got 2 days on it before the season ended. The ride was similar with more rebound in the new one as the camber profile wasn't warped out. For charging, carving and turning its amazing. It will cruise nicely and soul carve too. Its good enough but doesn't shine through the park, just like me...

Its an all mountain board that can free ride with ease as long as its not too deep, but I ride the east coast and that is not an issue here. Ironic how suited it is for east coast riding, it was a little odd riding it at Stratton on Jake Burton Day.

Honestly, its a very simple snowboard and reminds me of my old Palmers, which makes sense for a bunch of reasons, except it doesn't try to kill me whenever it can. I imagine thats due to the slightly rockered tips.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Starting to slooooowly turning to late summer and the winter still being far on the horizon (on the northern hemisphere) I sit and dream about winter and snow. There are many good deals out there but I have too many boards to start the season with. I'll most likely succumb and buy a new board later into the season...

The other day I got to thinking about which board I would like to have if I could only have just one board. Or maybe if I could only travel with one board and I could either just keep one or if I could buy any board out there.

So I'm curious about what board people would pick for their quiver of one. Of the boards I own it would be a toss up between the Tracer and the Pencil plus. Maybe the Tracer since it's more accessible on piste, but the Pencil is a lot of fun...

If I bought a new board I think my quiver of one would be a Stranda Bowlrider. Even if I haven't even tried it. I've tried the Tree Surfer and it's a super nice board with lots of grip for nice carves but a very nice powder shape. There was no problem dealing with bad resort snow and if I didn't already have a powder board I would probably have bought it last season. The Bowlrider is pretty much the same board but with a full tail.

What would be your dream quiver of one?
I would go with my standby, my Never Summer Snowtrooper. this is a great all mountain board built for Colorado conditions and is a great deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would suggest the Never Summer Snowtrooper,I love it and it is a great all mountain board for Colorado conditions. Equally telling is that a lot of the lift ops at Steamboat ride this board too.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts