Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have been riding the custom x older older one like 05 06 for awhile now and looking to upgrade from a X. Looking for something faster,more responsive,quicker edge to edge board. I know we will be just splitting hairs between the x but I want to know what will be a solid upgrade from the X seriously; for a expert rider that loves goes super super fast barely sees any pow and mostly loves to ride fast maybe couple jumps here and there. Lastly has to be great in icy conditions as well. Here goes my 3 boards of what I’m thinking.

1. Jones Carbon Flagship
2. Korua Tranny Finder PLUS
3. Amplid Pentaquark

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I heard from shop owners and reviewers is that compared to my old X the newer ones are a lot more mellow and surfy type? I keep look at the tech on boards but importantly the Sidecut radius .. thank you for all the replys , yea I heard Amplid makes some great boards and Amplid said the Penta is more of a upgrade to the UNW8 which is super aggressive board already. Have you guys ever heard of that one board from Endeavor Alpha ? This might be the board I’m looking for; just found out too. Also someone said Telos DST Board would be good too for a guy like me.

·
Registered
877 Posts
From Korua I'd say Cafe Racer instead. Project X from Jones would be more like the Custom X, but not as freeride as the Flagship. You are kinda swapping out a freestyle board for a freeride board in any case. The Custom X is more stable now, slightly softer overall, but nothing you'll notice much. Endeavor Alpha would be in the same line as the others. Telos would be easier to ride and more pow oriented. All the others you mentioned will be more work and want to draw longer curves than the Custom X, none will beat it at jumps.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hello I have been riding the custom x older older one like 05 06 for awhile now and looking to upgrade from a X. Looking for something faster,more responsive,quicker edge to edge board. I know we will be just splitting hairs between the x but I want to know what will be a solid upgrade from the X seriously; for a expert rider that loves goes super super fast barely sees any pow and mostly loves to ride fast maybe couple jumps here and there. Lastly has to be great in icy conditions as well. Here goes my 3 boards of what I’m thinking.

1. Jones Carbon Flagship
3. Amplid Pentaquark
Didn't you already order the Tranny Finder plus? If you didn't I'm with Rip 154 on this. The Cafe Racer is full camber. Be aware the Plus has a lot of taper though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea yea I did receive the Korua Tranny Plus didn’t even take it out if it’s wrappings. Just feel like I should’ve went with something else now smh I’m sorry some people can spend this type of cushion money and buy another board not me. Have family and other important things. But back to the boards , thank you for the all the reply’s; the Amplid stuff or new custom x is what I am still thinking sigh what about the CAPiTA Super DOA. I was at ski barn felt little just little bit lighter but less stiffer than the X

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yea yea I did receive the Korua Tranny Plus didn’t even take it out if it’s wrappings. Just feel like I should’ve went with something else now smh I’m sorry some people can spend this type of cushion money and buy another board not me. Have family and other important things. But back to the boards , thank you for the all the reply’s; the Amplid stuff or new custom x is what I am still thinking sigh what about the CAPiTA Super DOA. I was at ski barn felt little just little bit lighter but less stiffer than the X
Well, I don't think the Tranny Finder plus is what you are looking for. Based purely on my experience from the Pencil plus.

edit: If you want something from Korua, my guess is the ordinary Cafe Racer or the Trenchdigger.

·
Registered
25 Posts

1. Jones Carbon Flagship
3. Amplid Pentaquark
Maybe check out the fullbag diamond blade. They are sold out of last year's model but they look pretty sweet and they are made east of the Rockies.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I don't think the Tranny Finder plus is what you are looking for. Based purely on my experience from the Pencil plus.

edit: If you want something from Korua, my guess is the ordinary Cafe Racer or the Trenchdigger.
Yea definitely going to return the tranny board and get something else . I sold my Sickstick so I need two birds actually. Honestly I honestly might just get the Pentaquark and the Paradigma maybe Amplid will hook it up since I’m buying two from them unless anyone can recommend a softer flex all min board ; I heard the assassins pro is good too.

·
Registered
358 Posts
@DauntlessDan Ski Barn huh? If they’re the ones telling you the Custom X is surfy, well...it wouldn’t surprise me to hear someone in there say that lol. I can’t see how a stiff full camber board would be “surfy” but they also tried to sell me a Proto 2 as a stiff directional carving board. 17 or 23?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yea definitely going to return the tranny board and get something else . I sold my Sickstick so I need two birds actually. Honestly I honestly might just get the Pentaquark and the Paradigma maybe Amplid will hook it up since I’m buying two from them unless anyone can recommend a softer flex all min board ; I heard the assassins pro is good too.
That's a bit funny. I have the First Call and the Pencil plus... And I've been eyeing both the Pentaquark and the Paradigma. The Pentaquark as a carving board and the Paradigma as a family board. I will probably end up with a Nidecker.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's a bit funny. I have the First Call and the Pencil plus... And I've been eyeing both the Pentaquark and the Paradigma. The Pentaquark as a carving board and the Paradigma as a family board. I will probably end up with a Nidecker.
Same here lol Nidecker makes some great boards too. I’ve tried the mega light ? Felt super responsive but little less stiff than the X

·
Registered
9,140 Posts
Snofisk Belluga, Jones Project X, Nidecker Concept, Rome Blur.

New Custom X isnt as gnarly stiff, but it is still an extremely precise board. I wouldnt overlook it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts