Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Wooo great breakdown!

The boa built into the helmet is really nice touch

I want to order the logan, the only thing that makes me want to get the Merak is the adjustable vents, Ill have to decide sooner or later!

My measurement is smack between med and large, you would suggest to go large right ?
If your head circumference is right on 60cm, IMO I would be leaning toward the large, given the Size Large is (60-62cm)
@mjayvee 's fit experience and mine seem to coincide, only needing a few clicks on the Boa dial

YMMV somewhat with head shape, but maybe not radically(???)

I take it you are far away from a bricks and mortar store that stocks them?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Wooo great breakdown!

The boa built into the helmet is realll nice touch

I want to order the logan, the only thing that makes me want to get the Merak is the adjustable vents, Ill have to decide sooner or later!

My measurement is smack between med and large, you would suggest to go large right ?
I would get the Large if it was my decision.
But make sure you can try on the helmet or can return the size Large in case you need to get Medium.

Having BOA adjustment definitely helps when you are in between sizes.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
So I tried on the smith quantum in the store and its like having a fishbowl on your head...not for me.

Unfortunately they did not have any wavecel helmets for me to try....Im stuck between ordering the Merak or the Logan....any other feedback from you guys?

Does the helmet look super bulky when wearing??

@mjayvee @MountainMystic @buller_scott
Does your ass look big in your bibs? (hint): Nobody cares

Also, the Merak looks nothing like this...
Helmet Hard hat Sports gear Headgear Personal protective equipment

Maybe a bit bigger than some helmets, but more crumple zone material between me and the tree or rock can only be a good thing.

The only question worth asking is "Is this helmet probably going to give me the best chance of not ending up like michael shumacher?"

Get a black helmet & no-one will notice, and replace the frikken thing if it takes a hit ;)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts