Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
658 Posts
I'll run it again with a better measure. But if this is accurate is your recommendation still the Burton Ruler Wider?

Also, what's your take on the Adidas Tactical ADV? Is this a viable option?

And is the Dialogue Wide I have salvageable?

Thanks Wired!
As a felow EE footer i got the Tactical (last season model) for this season and it fits my fot really well. Probably a true EE width.

· Registered
658 Posts
As much as I appreciate Wireds work and what he's doing for the forum but owning both Ions in AF and Tactical boots. The Ions AF are somewhere between E and EE in width with narrower heel and the Tacticals EE and EEE but with a wider heel. Both fit my feet but Tacticals have nice cushy boost sole and are still stiffer than the Ions really broken in and perfect as a pow boot.
Just bought a pair of Acerra(almost identical last to the Tacticals) to try and probably stack up on as Adidas is no more in snowboarding after next season.
Bare in mind that I have one of Sweden's best boot fitters just a 5min walk from home so I do additional work to all my boots and custom insoles.

Hi Unsuspected,

You are a 270 Mondopoint and EE width. This is US size 9 at EE width in snowboard boots (your smaller foot is 265 or US size 8.5). There is only one boot that is designed for over E width. That is the Burton Ruler Wide (Which is EEE). Based on those measurements I would suggest the Ruler Wide in size 9. I will be happy to confirm your measurements if you want to post up some photos.

STOKED!

· Registered
658 Posts
And I feel your pain, only amplified. Skinny ankles, normal heel, EEE-wide front foot, high instep, high arches, collapsed front foot valves. Suffering from searing front foot pain after only a couple hours of riding. Got custom made footbeds and wide Photons and that made things better, but not good. Have bought Katanas to replace my Cartels to alleviate instep pressure but haven't had the chance to try it yet. Next step will be aggressive modding of the liners.

If it doesn't work out I'm seriously going to consider the hardboot route because I'm getting desperate (hope BA doesn't see this because I know he'll shit on me😅) - bye-bye board feel. Or at least that super-weird hydrid boot, Ground Control from Deeluxe.
Have you tried Adidas boots?

· Registered
658 Posts
How is their roominess overall? I find the combo of high instep and skinny ankles challenging. Got a problem with this in 32 TM2:s - there was a lot of space between the liner and the shell over my ankles, while they were crushing my instep.

BA himself once told me I would probably have to do some serious modding no matter what boot I get, because I "have a lot of shit going on". :cry:
I have V shaped feet so wide fore foot and skinny ankles, Halux valgus on both big toes and on both pinky toes and flat feet. No boot will fit me straight out of the box. Have to get them bootfitted especially the heels and custom insoles. Similar fit to the Burton Wides but with boost sole. I would consider ordering a pair and send them back if they don't fit.

· Registered
658 Posts
I've tried several ride boots and while I find their fit overall ok, they are not for my EEE front foot. Ride themselves confirmed that even their Maysis Wide would only fit an EE at most.
Burton wide boots are EEE wide.

we live in a space ship dear!
All Adidas boots except for the Sambas will fit a EEE foot.

· Registered
658 Posts
No luck finding any Adidas in my size, but DC Mutiny had a ton of width in the toe box and nice and snug around my ankle and were cheap so snagged a pair. Would never have guessed I'd walk out with DC boots, but I tried on a bunch and they fit the best. Nitro Venture fit similarly too but they didn't have my size. Couple options worth checking out if you have wide feet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Cant you just order them online?

· Registered
658 Posts

· Registered
658 Posts

· Registered
658 Posts
I can only speak for me but the Acerra boot is my cinderella boot. It's perfect right out of the box without any issues, no pressure points or nothing. My correct MP size is wide enough for my EE last and i don't even heat mold or use insoles.
They are stiff enough for my bad ankles and the boost sole is great, especially with bad feet and joints as well as a heavy body. Stocked up on 5 pairs since Adidas is gone for boots.

I have some fucked up feet, op hallux valgus on both, bunions at the pinky toes, flat feet that are wide both at the toes and mid foot with skinny heels. Have even tattooed "Crazy feet".

Different boots will fit different. All isn't for everyone.

· Registered
658 Posts
@unsuspected I'm jealous! Agree on the greatness of the boost-outsole, and my friend is also stocking up on his Tactical Lexicon ADV's. I had such high hopes... but became another failed project. If you are size 280 and want to buy another pair cheap, with only 5 days on them... let me know.
Im a size 270 and already have 5 pairs which 4 of them are still in the box plus 3 other pairs of different Adidas boots, so I'm good for life.
If your friend has size 270 I have a par of Lexicons, Responsive and Superstar for sale.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts